Monday, July 26, 2010

Flower pinwheel quilt & good news

It's been a long time between quilts! Well, three months feels like a long time to me! I have had a couple on the go since finishing Mary's which I completed in April. It feels so good to finish another one!

This was for my cousin Charlotte's one year birthday. I made it completely out of fabrics from my stash. The fabrics used in the pinwheels are beautiful Lecian Antique Flower Collection prints given to me by my friend Sarah at Kit Bik Quilts. (Thank you!).

The cream rose fabric is from a large bolt I bought when I started the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (which I don't think I'll get back to any time in a hurry!). I was making that quilt with my Grandmother Laurel Bloomfield in mind, who passed away in 2002. Charlotte is named after my Grandmother's mother so it felt meaningful to use that fabric in her quilt.



And my good news - my husband got a job today! Sewco here I come!

4 comments:

  1. Yay re: Paul's job. That is FANTASTIC news!!! The pinwheel quilt is beautiful too... Love the look of the Lecein fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! jobs all round then :)
    love the quilt - lucky baby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful quilt and great news about Paul's job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great news! (and great quilt...again)

    ReplyDelete