Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kids' utility belt

Ok, so I AM still quiltmaking! I have three quilts on the go but have been finding it really hard over the last few weeks to sew. If I am home, Mia wants to be with me. Which of course is fine, it's the gig I signed up for! She's also waking up earlier, so I am working my way towards getting up even earlier than her so I get a good daily dose of creativity.

I did manage to make this utility belt for our friend Dex's 6th birthday. I used a strap from a conference bag plus velcro and fabric from my stash. Paul made the sword (plus another for Dex's sister and two for our girls). It has a little Maglite torch sewn on a strap plus a pocket to keep it in. Apparently Dex slept in it that night, so it's safe to say it was a hit! Now his lovely mumma Anna and I want similar versions for our own essentials like lip balm!



1 comment: