Saturday, November 20, 2010

Small Projects

I have been snatching time lately to make some small projects. While writing this post to share them with you, I came across photos of something I made a few days before Lily's accident. Using two of my favourite fabrics, I made this apron for my dear friend Anna (inspired by the utility belt I made for her son). Ironically this was the last photograph I took before Lily was in the car accident. The next photo in my iPhoto library is of her in hospital.



On a happier note, the first thing I made since Lily's return home and finishing my friend's quilt, was this long promised belt for her. As requested, it's for her to carry her iPod and notebook/pen.





I also finally made an apron for myself, using the remainder of the panel from Be Be Bold that I used in a previous project. I made it to wear at home, to carry my iPhone (so that I would be more inclined to capture moments for my other blog), my ever-present daily list of things to do, lip balm and other such Important Things.



I made this top using the free Museum Tunic tutorial on Anna Maria Horner's blog. Create with a panel of her gorgeous, soft Square Dance toile, it was the perfect gift for my Mum's birthday earlier this month.


Cutting into my precious new collection of Flea Market Fancy fat quarters for the first time, I made a camera strap cover using this tutorial on design*sponge.



Last weekend Lily got her first wobbly tooth. Like a woman obsessed (me? never!), I stayed up late whipping up a tooth fairy pillow. I had one as a kid, made out of white broderie anglaise. This crazy patch one is my version! After my late night feverishness, it was almost a week between the first wobble and when the tooth finally fell out. In the end, the pillow ended up not being used for the toothfairy's first visit! I know though that there are many teeth to come.



I've now put aside anything non-Christmassy and launched myself into Christmas sewing. Go here for a sneak peek of the fabrics I'm using. Oh for more hours in the day!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to have you back in the swing of things. LOVE the camera strap - thanks for the link xx

    ReplyDelete