Monday, February 14, 2011

Busy start to the year

I've finally put aside some time to update my blog. With Lily at school now I have more time to sew but life is also more hectic!

I just did a post on the Christmas projects I completed last year.

I started the year off with this amazing haul of goodies from Hancocks of Paducah. I couldn't resist their limited offer of free postage and 10% off, especially with our exchange rate right now! I got all this for around $100!


My haul included a jelly roll of Punctuation by American Jane. I am in love with these fabrics! I made a quilt for my new baby cousin who will arrive earthside in a month or so. I used the Pandora's Box pattern out of the fantastic book "Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam Lintott and Nicky Lintott.


I made this skirt for Lily, using the Twirly Girl Skirt Pdf Pattern available on Etsy. I used some of the spare Punctuation fabric I bought for the quilt back and also some vintage Laura Ashley cotton lawn fabrics from my MIL. I am in love with the fine, light texture of these and would love to know where to get more!


I made this wrap for another special man in my life for his first birthday. It uses super-soft double gauze Japanese cotton and satin binding.

5 comments:

  1. okay, firstly...details of that babushka fabric??? (have a friend who would love it and nice and unisex too).

    secondly, another stunning photo of your stunning girl in a melissa original.

    and thirdly...i spy a piece of fabric i have in that first photo, one that naomi was keen to look at when she was helping out pre-flood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful things here! You are wonderful! Gorgeous quilt, beautiful skirt on a beautiful girl! I love the Christmas dresses. You always impress me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have you back x You have been pretty busy while you have been quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are all so lovely, thank you!

    Kirsten, lovely to see you back in blogland too!

    Luckily I cut off all my selvedges, saving them for some unknown selvedge project in the future. :-) The babushka fabric is Trefle by Kokka. I bought it at Sewco. They have it in a different colourway, you can see it on Lily's dress here in the top panel (she looks so much smaller!). The bottom panel is double gauze too, plus they have other designs:
    http://quiltingforhappiness.blogspot.com/2010/04/joy-in-small-things.html

    Sewco have an online store now. I searched "Kokka" and found all three I've bought on page 4:
    http://www.sewcosewingcentres.com/e-store/search.php?mode=search&page=4

    There are more here too: http://kelanifabric.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-whimsical-double-gauze-japanese.html

    Yep, I know Naomi loves Tula Pink! Couldn't resist getting some (no idea what I'm going to make!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lis, nice to see you online again! Love the Christmas goodies below..the girls look divine. If you want to get more Liberty, I love Patchwork at Central Park in Melbourne. It's expensive - $55/meter, but worth it for special projects. You may be able to get it slightly cheaper elsewhere, but then there's postage to consider. Check out the TrueUp fabric blog - they did a Liberty post a while back with all the best online sites to buy at listed in one post. See you at Brown Owls hopefully!

    ReplyDelete