Sunday, February 20, 2011

Selvedge reading glasses case

I made this quick project one afternoon last week, for my dear friend from The Woolly Tree. She has recently started wearing glasses and is studying again. I wanted to give her a present to say good luck and congratulations!

I used the template from Betz White's caterpillar eyeglass case tutorial and foundation pieced the selvedge strips onto interfacing.



I padded it using bamboo batting and chose a happy yellow spot for the lining.



Voila!



I secured it by sewing on a press stud, to stop the glasses sliding out.



I was thrilled to finally make a selvedge project! I have been saving them ever since I read this issue of Down Under Quilts. It featured lots of amazing projects using selvedges, including the work of Karen Griska, author of "Quilts from from the Selvege Edge" (you can check out her Selvage Blog) and Jodie Carleton. Check out Jodie's INCREDIBLE Selvedge Dress that was featured in DUQ. Her blog has more photos of this incredible work of art plus lots of other cute project tutorials.

2 comments:

  1. Oops! I've been forgetting to save my selvedges! I'm tempted to go and rummage through the wheelie bin, now. Such a cool glasses case.

    ReplyDelete