Sunday, October 4, 2009

Squilters

I went to my first Squilters' Brisbane meet up today at the Brisbane Square library.

It was fab to meet more quilters! I'm looking forward to going again, and this time taking a project to work on.

The women told me about some great websites (just what I need, more places to spend money and get inspiration for more quilts lol!!):

Hancocks of Paducah - apparently they have a few times a year where they will ship international for free!

Michaels.

Joannes.

They also told me that House & Garden in the US do a magazine called Quilt Sampler, which reviews quilt shops in the US. Their website looks great.

I borrowed some more quilting books from the library. I also went to Borders and finally bought a copy of the luscious book Material Obsession plus a back issue of Down Under Quilts.

What a fun quilty weekend I have had!

No comments:

Post a Comment