Saturday, October 3, 2009

My first quilt - Funky Stripes

I walked into Sewco in May this year, in an attempt to avoid having to go to Spotlight next door (long queues & so few sales assistants). Little did I know how much my life was about to change!

I was awestruck by the beautiful quilts on the wall, the stunning array of fabric and the multitude of yummy looking notions (not that I even knew of the term "notion"!).

I signed up for an introductory class. this quilt. Well that introductory class resulted in me not only purchasing the kit to make this quilt, but a new Janome DC4030 sewing machine! Plus of course everything else you need to make quilts - rotary cutter, mat, rulers - the list went on. My poor credit card.

Nevertheless, I was hooked!

The fabrics included some veeeeeery bright prints including Kaffe Fassett's designs. I found some of them quite garish to begin with, but they grew on me!

Laying out the quilt:



Hard at work on my new machine!



So proud of my first finished top!



Pinning:



Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment