Sunday, October 4, 2009

Project list

Thought I'd share my list of current/upcoming projects and when I need them finished by (eek!):

Laurel's Roses - I'm part of a quilt club that meets monthly at Sewco to each make a quilt based on the pattern for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts. I'm making it in pinks and greens, in honour of my Mum's mum Laurel Bloomfield (what a beautiful name). She was a prolific cross stitcher, despite having macular degeneration. I hope to incorporate some of her beautiful rose stitcheries into the quilt. The pattern is a massive project, with 140 different traditional blocks. With so many other projects on the go I am only working on this at our club gatherings. I will put aside other projects for a few months next year and really get into it. But for now, am enjoying dipping my toes in.

Circles quilt for Mum's 60th birthday - I've almost finished the top for this one, just 12 more circles to go! (There are 42 altogether). Yesterday I bought the backing, batting and luscious King Tut varigated thread for quilting. This one is a surprise for my Mum! Early Nov.

Baby quilt for Jo - I'm organising 25+ friends to make a quilt to honour the birth of our friend Jo's third baby, as well as her volunteer work to expand women's birthing choices with Maternity Coalition. I've sent out cream squares to everyone to decorate, and have organised a workshop for next Saturday with Michelle Steel to work on our squares. I'm thinking of alternating the decorated squares with nine patches, same as this quilt. Nov.

Table runner for my sister in law's birthday, in orange, blue & yellow. Early Dec.

Christmas fairies tree skirt. Mid Dec.

Quilt for DH for Xmas - a geometric design in his football team's colours. The design is one by Linda Roberts in Down Under Quilts. Late Dec.

Apple blossom flower fairies quilt for DD2's 2nd birthday. Late Jan.

Quilt for Anna & Nigel's baby. Feb.

Quilt for Sarah's baby! Secret design!! Apr.


I have lots of other quilts/projects I want to make:

A quilt inspired by Charles Rennie Macintosh roses

Colour Wheel Quilt from the Purl Bee

An Amy Butler skirt

An Amy Butler bag

And many many more!


Less typing and more stitching, methinks!

3 comments:

  1. If you have any spare squares for Jo, I would love to do one xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, I'm really glad you came along today.
    It was great to meet and talk with you. Told ya I would check out your blog! Say Hi to Michelle when you see her. Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carmel! I've only just realised I have to check my posts for comments! Have told Michelle you said hi and sent her your blog. Hopefully we'll catch up at another Squilters meet up, maybe Michelle too.

    ReplyDelete